- We went to Liberty Island and Ellis Island. While it is neat to say we've been there, and know that is where millions were 'welcomed' to the USA, it was a lot of trouble. Herded like cattle onto the ferry boats after waiting in line for over an hour didn't quite 'make' the experience for me.
- Took a bus tour of Brooklyn. It in a nice, air-conditioned bus, so that was nice. Saw lots of sights that we've seen on TV many times. Also saw the Brooklyn Tabernacle.
- The highlight of the say was walking in and out of the shops at Times Square. Surprisingly, the prices didn't seem any different from the prices at home. In fact, Kendall got a good deal on a pair of shoes.
- We ate at Dallas BBQ at Times Square. It was fantastic. Large portions for a little price.
- Believe it or not, we went into the Hersey's Store and the M&M's store and didn't buy anything. We didn't want to wait in line and thought the chocolate would melt by the time we got back to the hotel. I saw Reese's peanut butter cups make with dark chocolate for the first time.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
From NY to Philly
Yesterday we finished up in NYC and today we head to Philadelphia. Looking forward to taking in a few of the sights and see the Phillies play tonight. Here are a few observations from yesterday: